Director of Learning & Development
Number of recruitment: 1
Job level: Management
Location: Hồ Chí Minh
- Develop, oversee, lead, and carry out learning and development strategies, programs, courses, and learning systems for both Group corporate office and hotels owned and managed by Group;
- Ensure training standards are implemented consistently and successfully throughout the Group;
- Forecast annual programs to meet organization growth, developing training roadmaps and curriculums;
- Partner with the leadership team to assess, design, deploy, measure and evaluate training/ performance solutions and interventions. Ensure training needs are met in the most cost-effective manner based on currently available training technology and resources. Supervise the development or acquisition of new programs;
- Work together with the leadership team to analyze, develop, implement, track, and evaluate training/performance. Ensure training requirements are satisfied in the most affordable way possible using the training techniques and resources that are currently accessible;
- Work cooperatively to guarantee the success of joint projects and programs with Human Resources, Operations, and other departments. Keep up with operationally important issues and provide training solutions as needed.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
- Ascertain that every training and development activity (both department-specific and general property training) is strategically connected to the organization’s goal and vision.
- Determine where there are performance gaps and collaborate with management to create and implement the necessary training to boost performance.
- As needed, retrain participants or make any necessary modifications to the training technique.
- Align current training and development initiatives to positively influence important business metrics.
- Establish regulations so employees are aware of expectations and limitations.
- Promote Group business philosophies and values throughout all training and development initiatives.
- Include training initiatives that emphasize ongoing development.
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
- Keep track of training attendance; report on training hours of employees monthly, quarterly and yearly; initiate to improve training hours of employees;
- Hold meetings with participants to discuss issues and evaluate training progress;
- Work together with leadership team to evaluate if employees have developed strong technical and leadership abilities;
- Track how much knowledge is applied from training sessions to the daily business operation.
Managing Training Budgets
- Take part in developing the training budget;
- Coordinates budget management with financial objectives
- Control departmental spending to meet or exceed spending targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Learning and Development, or relevant field;
- Five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs;
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops, simulations, e-learning and coaching);
- Experience organizing training activities in a corporate environment;
- Hands-on experience with training management and budgeting;
- Proficiency in Learning Management Systems (LMS);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives;
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.